Jun 24, 2009

Dear Friend

The same friend that inspired me to start a blog was the one I got to spend the day with on Friday!

Friday, June 19, 2009 - Girls day out!
Its captured best on Erins blog, but here's my efforts. We started out by having breakfast in Grand Haven with the sun peaking through the clouds. We headed south to do some wine tasting and saw the effects of Thursday nights storms. We arrived to do some wine tasting in an unexpected building in the middle of town. But it worked out just fine. The wine was great! Erin is the fruity type and I am the dry type. I think we both liked the dessert wine served to us in the chocolate shot glass. We encountered rain on our trek to South Haven. We thought we might catch some sun during the day, but apparently not in South Haven. After some shopping we headed to Holland and did some more quick shopping. Then to New Holland for a bite to eat and drink. That's when the sun finally came out! We make a quick stop in Grandville and back to Erins house. A wonderful day away. No kids, just adults with no adjenda. Can't get better than that!

I want to thank Erin for being an amazing person and friend. Her qualities and values run deep and it is evident by the way she lives her life along with her family.

3 comments:

  1. What a cool idea. I knew I liked Erin. I was surprised and sorry to her "the news". You're a survior, it won't no can't keep you down. You I am here for you if you need anything. Thinking and praying for you Laura. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura- Love the idea of the blog. Don't see you girls enough. You know we are here for you & support you in all you do. Love ya girl!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you girls didn't have rain! I was thinking about you all day... for whatever reason I thought you were in South BEND! :) Looks like it was a blast and wish I could have made it. Bummer. Next time. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete