Aug 11, 2012

I went to the store...

I went to the store this morning.  No extraordinary activity.  No exciting purchase to make.  Just groceries and a some household items.  But, oh how different it was.

I left the house today, with my regular purse.  No diaper bag or princess dolls or stuffed animals. 

I listened to Adele instead of Disney Princess songs or Baby Mozart.

I parked in any parking spot.  I didn't search for the spot closest to a cart corral for easiest dispersing of groceries, children and cart. 

I shopped with a Starbucks coffee in my hand instead of a sippy cup or juice box.
 
I obtained my entire grocery list without interruption. 

I did not stop to see the fish. 
I did not stop to see the lobsters. 
I did not stop to see the princess cake in the bakery.

I scanned all my own groceries at the You-Scan lane.

I did not search my purse for a stray penny and no one rode Sandy the horse.

I drove home with my radio loud and sang off tune as loud as I wanted, until...

a lone tear ran down my cheek.  

Did I actually miss my little distractions?
Or was it the Adele song?

I do know that I went to the store this morning.  With my Starbucks, my lipstick, and my purse.
Oh, how different it was.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! and totally understand the tear :)

    ReplyDelete