Jul 8, 2019

Triathlon 2019

I did my first triathlon this spring!  All of the details lined up so I took the time to do some training and decided it was now or never. I did some swimming in our local rec pool, but I am not a swimmer at all! I am not an elite athlete, but I did it and am very happy with my accomplishment.

 
Getting my transition area set up

Although I am smiling, I was an anxious, nervous disaster.  And wet suits are not flattering.  I might have turned around and left had it not been for Peter standing next to me, telling me I can do it. 

I was so happy that I survived the swim, I stood up and shouted "I'm alive"!  That is a real smile!


Off to the bike portion, where I did make up some time after a not-so-impressive swim.


Finishing the 5k at the end. SUPER happy to have finished! The run was a closed course except for the adjacent homeowners, so I did stop at a little kids lemonade stand. They were too cute and didn't have many customers!



No comments:

Post a Comment