Feb 22, 2013

Back Eyes

Last summer I saw Ella do something, and she was surprised that I saw her. She asked "How did you see that?"  To which I replied "I have eyes in the back of my head".   This idea was instantly confirmed by Peter and our trusty neighbor.  From then on, Ella believed that all moms have eyes in the back of their heads.  She named them "Back Eyes".

There have been many references to my "back eyes" over the months.  Such as "Mommy, close your back eyes so you don't see what I'm coloring" or "Did you just see me do that with your back eyes?"

Ella also believes that she is a mother to our dog Riley, therefore she too has back eyes.  

As we were sitting down to dinner the other night, Ella was seated in her chair facing the table, with the counter behind her.  She was reiterating that she is a mom to Riley and that she has back eyes.  
She affirmed it by saying with all seriousness and confidence:
"I know I have back eyes because there is a fish swimming in a bowl behind me"


Sure enough, there is a fish swimming in a bowl behind her.  Although that fish has been swimming there for years, how can you argue with that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment